Westminster will host a two-day in-person MNA ESL training on Friday, June 9, 2023, from 6:00-9:30pm, continuing Saturday, June 10, 2023, 8:45-5:30pm. An “alumni” portion of the training is just on Saturday, and these participants will need to bring their previously purchased training manual. The cost is $50 for new attendees and $15 for alumni. New attendees must attend the entire training. Snacks and lunch on Saturday are provided. Please contact Rachel Bleecker with questions (email@example.com). The deadline to register is May 31. There will be no refunds issued for cancellations after June 2.
In this training you will learn:
- How to start and maintain a fruitful ESL Ministry
- How to teach ESL to adult Internationals including:
- How to place students in the proper fluency level classroom
- How to Lesson Plan using professionally written curriculum
- How to introduce new vocabulary & sentences using new vocabulary
- How to get the students to generate their own sentences
- How to build authentic relationships with your students
- How to share the Gospel both inside and outside the ESL Classroom
You do not need to speak a foreign language or be a professional teacher to be a volunteer ESL Teacher. All you need to do is speak English and love Jesus and we can teach you the rest. This training is interactive. During the training you will practice the skills that you are learning, create two lesson plans for different fluency levels and come away excited to serve the Lord through ESL Ministry.
In addition to being a great training for new ESL Volunteers, this is a great training for experienced ESL Volunteers to refresh their skills and be encouraged.
Registration is closed for this event.